Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
I was perusing the interwebs on a click-through adventure, when I stumbled upon Group On, a website offering kick ass deals. But this wasn’t the thing which caught my attention, it was the fact that the site looked familiar, and in some aspects of design, identical. Identical to Grab One.
Spot the difference — Hint: There are no differences
I believe that Grab One was highly influenced by Group On, as Group On seems to have been around much longer. So I’m speculating that Grab One copied Group On.
Here are some uncannily similar coincidences.
- The font used for the header logo is the same. Furthermore the first two letters are exactly the same, “Gr”.
- The menu bar is of the same colour and thickness.
- The colour scheme of the site is roughly the same.
- Social media icon placement is also in the same position, at the top-left of the page.
- The “buy” button/tag is extremely similar, with the placement of the pricing to the left and the “buy!” action button to the right.
I’ve just realised everything else is basically the same, except for the background, so I’ll stop writing.
You see, it is essentially the same site! Despite their similarities, I do think the designer did a better job at putting together GrabOne.